Today’s steal of the day comes from Golf Galaxy where you can get a brand new Cleveland CG16 Black Pearl Wedge for $79 instead of $119.99 available in a handful of lofts. So if you have wanted the CG16 but didn’t want to pay top dollar than this is the deal for you.
Based on the shape of the tour proven CG14™ wedge, the CG16™ has a hint of offset and is slightly larger for added forgiveness. The face features the same spin maximizing technology featured on the CG15™ wedge – Tour Zip Grooves™ in combination with Cleveland® Golf’s breakthrough Laser Milled™ surface roughness technology. Using the precision accuracy of a laser, each face features four perfectly calibrated texture lines milled between each groove exactly to the conforming roughness limit. This surface roughness application optimizes ball-to-face friction and maximizes spin within the Rules of Golf.
- Laser Milled Face
- More precise and consistent surface roughness than alternative methods.
- Optimal surface roughness to maximize spin.
- Tour Zip Grooves
- Precise milling technology preserves edges and maintains perfect groove consistency.
- Maximizes allowable groove dimensions while conforming to 2011 USGA groove requirements.
- Tour Proven C Sole Design
- Wide constant width sole from heel to toe combined with heel and toe grinds.
- Improves bunker performance while maintaining shot-making versatility.
- Wedge Cavity Back
- Perimeter weighting and geometry to deepen center-of-gravity and increase MOI.
- Improved stability and forgiveness on off-center hits while maintaining signature “Cleveland” feel.
- TRACTION Shaft for improved feel
- Engineered from Tip to Grip to improve FEEL, the stiffness profile of Cleveland Golf’s TRACTION shaft reacts to the flex demands of any wedge shot.
- The tip section is slightly softer – improving feel and responsiveness.
- Stiffness was increased in the mid and butt sections of the shaft to assure optimal launch conditions and consistency on full shots.